If growing quickly without spending money is important to you then pay close attention to this as it will be your ace in the hole. In your stronghold city there is an Event box to in the middle right hand portion of the screen which contains four different types of events:
- Kingdom Event: This is on a 24 hour refresh time and is typically the easiest of the four to achieve with the biggest payout.
- Alliance Event: This is on a 24 hour refresh time and all members of your alliance contribute towards achieving the tiered prizes as they complete specific tasks within the game.
- Solo Event: The time for this counter varies but is typically refreshes to a new event every hour.
- Inferno Solo Event: The time for this counter always refreshes every hour.
** Within each event is three tiers of prize rewards (1,2,3) with prize 3 being the biggest payout.
The goal with events is to time them properly so you can maximize all your tiered prizes at once by utilizing the least amount of speed ups and gold. If done properly you can not only max out your prizes but the reward is sometimes paying you back everything you spent to achieve them, that’s how you progress quickly through the game.
- Watch For Overlapping Events: If you plan on doing research always check your event tier prizes and how much time is left before a new event begins. For example if there is only 10 minutes left in a solo event I wait until it refreshes along with the Inferno event (they are usually only 5 minutes behind one another). Now, you have 50 minutes on both events which as you progress through your training and research you are increasing the reward bar for both, doubling your reward.
- Read GOW Blog For Upcoming Special Events: Within GOW you can click on the profile button and press the blog icon. This is where you will get all the latest upcoming special events. Keep a close eye on this as some training and research events have payouts that are so lucrative you will not only get your training and research for free but get paid additional gold for completing them.
- Don’t Rush To Max Out Your Kingdom Event: The Kingdom event occurs once every 24 hours and it typically always offers the best prizes and has the smallest tier 3 prize objective to reach. So, here is where we take advantage of overlapping events as discussed above and apply that to our advantage. Throughout the day you would continue to max out your Solo and Inferno Events and stopping once they max out. When both events refresh continue working on them till your Kingdom Event is capped out. Remember the key is getting the most value out of your speed ups and gold.
As a final bonus item take note of Dungeon Events. Keep an eye on the blogs for when these may be coming. They typically overlap in multiple simultaneous events and all you need to do is stock pile Dark Energy which can be slowly amassed over time. Again the goal is be patient so don’t go using all your Dark Energy the moment you get it and ALWAYS ATTACK ON MAX ENERGY (50k Dark Energy per hit).
RECENT EXAMPLE OF PROOF HOW IT WORKS
6/11/2015: Inferno Event max prize was 700,000 and the reward was:
- 8 hr Speed up x 1
- 1000 VIP poins
- 12 Million Silver
- 600,000 Dark Energy
- Epic Snow Defense Chest x 25
- Epic Snow Calvary Chest x 25
- 7 Day Speed up x 1
- 35,000 Gold
- Epic Snow Attach Chest x 25
- Epic Snow Health Chest x 25
Each max hit in the Dungeon gave you 2500 points and each kill on max attack was 4000. So a quick math formula on how much Dark Energy you needed:
(700,000 (Prize 3) / 2500 (pts per max attack hit)) * 50,000 (cost per max attack hit) = 14,000,000
So, over the past four weeks through acquiring Dark Energy from Athena Gifts, Events, KVK’s, I needed three 600,000 additional Dark Energy packs to get the prize. Some simple math again:
Each 600,000 pack cost 9500 Gold which is 28,000 Gold (Prize 3 is 35000 Gold).
The end result was that in addition to opening the treasure boxes 8 times I got the following for spending my accumulated Dark Energy and 28,000 Gold:
- 3 day speed ups x 11 (I technically could stop right here as winning)
- 55, 000 Gold (35k for prize 3 and another 20k from opening up treasure boxes)
- 3 hr speed ups x 68
- 24 hr speed ups x 4
- I’m not even going to list the millions of resources, chests, gems, etc which I got. But, this is a very simple yet extremely recent example on how being patient in this game has massive benefits.
(This is Part 3 in the Series of The Art of Playing Game of War Without Spending Hundreds of Dollars, to see the whole series click here).